What is a 'registered migration agent'? - Mygration
My Australia

Latest Policies and News

What is a ‘registered migration agent’?

Share this Article

When you are thinking about applying for a visa to live, work or study in Australia, you will undoubtedly come across the term ‘registered migration agent.’ So what is the difference between a ‘migration agent’ and a registered one? The difference could well and truly be whether you obtain your visa or not.

There have been a lot of cases recently in Australia where people claiming to be migration agents have exploited hopeful applicants but the good news is, there is a way to check if your migration agent is legitimate ie registered.

To practice as a migration agent in Australia, there are very high standards that must be adhered to and they include:

Registered migration agents also have the option of joining as a Member of the Migration Institute of Australia (MIA). When their application to join the MIA is approved, they are allowed to display the logo on their website and business cards which is a great way to determine their credentials.

At Mygration we not only have registered migration agents but qualified legal experts, administration staff all of whom can offer support and assistance throughout the entire application process. If you would like to speak to one of our agents, please call our Brisbane-based head office today.

Requel Ogle, Registered migration agent, Mygration Australia

Ms. Requel Ogle, Managing Director and Registered migration agent, Mygration Australia

Comments are closed.

Points Calculator Take Visa Assessment Contact Us