Latest Policies and News
Visiting Australia – what you should know
Posted on July 17th, 2015
Australia is a popular destination for travel. Whether it be for sight-seeing, business, visiting family, work opportunities or study, your journey to Australia should be as smooth as possible. In order for that to happen here’s a few tips on things you should check before you pack your bags for the Land Down Under.
- Ensure your passport is valid for travel.
- Ensure you are travelling on the correct visa.
- Ensure you are aware of your visa conditions and limitations as you may be asked for clarification by immigration officers when you arrive.
- Educate yourself on the customs regulations such as wildlife, currency and agricultural items.
- Read carefully over your Incoming Passenger Card and ensure you have completed the details correctly.
- Ensure you have contact and address details of friends, family or the residence you will be staying at upon your arrival.
- Be aware of the heavy penalties for drug possession and trafficking into Australia.
- Research any restrictions on bringing in prescription medication and have relevant supporting documentation if necessary.
- Do not carry luggage for anyone other than yourself.
Like any country, Australia takes it’s immigration and border protection seriously. Although your visa and passport may be acceptable for travel, there are many other aspects you need to be aware and regulations you need to abide by. If you are travelling with friends and family, ensure everyone is aware on the Do’s and Don’t of travelling to Australia.
If you are planning on travelling to Australia and would like clarification on which visa you should be traveling on, contact one of our registered migration agents today.
Please follow and like us: