If nominating a skilled worker under Temporary Residence Transition (TRT) stream, you must:
- nominate a skilled worker who holds TSS 482 Medium-term visa or 457 visa;
- nominate a skilled worker who has worked for you (in Australia) on a full-time basis of at least three out of the previous four years (before the nomination is made) or two out of previous three years, if transitional arrangement apply because the worker either held or were an applicant for 457 visa.
- actively and lawfully operate a business in Australia.
- have a genuine need for a paid employee to fill a skilled position.
- offer a skilled position that is full-time and ongoing for at least two years, with no express exclusion included in the employment contract of this period being extended in future.
- meet the and have the capacity to pay the worker at least the annual market salary rate for two years.
- must have met your training obligations in place for the TSS and/or subclass 457 visa program(s) in each year you have been a standard business sponsor.
If nominating a skilled worker under Direct Entry (DE) stream, you must:
- actively and lawfully operate a business in Australia
- will be nominating the worker for a position in your business
- have a genuine need for a paid employee to fill a skilled position
- offer a skilled position that is full-time and ongoing for at least two years, with no express exclusion included in the employment contract of this period being extended in future
- meet the Salary and employment condition requirements Salary and employment condition requirements and have the capacity to pay the worker at least the annual market salary rate for two years
- wish to fill a position that is an occupation listed for the relevant visa program (for example, a subclass 186 or 187 visa) on the list of eligible skilled occupations.
- show evidence that your business has been trading in Australia for more than 12 months and you must show you have contributed to the training of Australians.
Additional requirements for RSMS:
- your business and the position must be located in regional Australia
- the position must not be able to be filled by an Australian citizen or permanent resident who lives in, or would move to, the area
- the tasks to be performed must correspond to the tasks of the nominated occupation as outlined in ANZSCO
- a Regional Certifying Body (RCB) specified in a legislative instrument has provided advice to the Department regarding specified matters (e.g. market salary rates and genuine need).
For questions and detailed information regarding your eligibility and suitability for TRT and DE stream through RSMS, please use the Express Your Interest tab and fill in the required information.