Visa Application in Same-sex Relation | Migration Expert Australia
My Australia

Latest Policies and News

Visa Changes for Applicants in Same-sex Relationships

Share this Article

As of 9th December 2017, following the legalisation of same-sex marriage in Australia, you may apply for a visa as your partner’s ‘spouse’ if you are in a same-sex marriage.

These same-sex marriage changes mean you can apply as your partner’s ‘spouse’ as opposed to their ‘de facto partner’.

The following Partner visas are affected by these changes:

  • Subclass 100
  • Subclass 309
  • Subclass 801
  • Subclass 820

Other visas applications where spouses are included are also affected.

If you are in a same-sex relationship and genuinely intended to marry your prospective spouse in Australia, you may also apply for a Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300).

We at Mygration have years of experience in the migration industry. So, if you would like any assistance with your visa process, feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help.

Comments are closed.

Points Calculator Take Visa Assessment Contact Us