Latest Policies and News
Skilled Occupation List Updated – July 2016
Posted on July 15th, 2016
The Skilled Occupation List (SOL) is constantly reviewed and updated to ensure that the needs of the Australian workforce and economy are being met through the skilled worker immigration channels. This is to assist Australia in both the short-term and long-term.
This particular review was conducted by the Department of Education and Training across late 2015 and early 2016 before presenting their recommendations to the Minister of Immigration and Border Protection.
The SOL changes announced by the Australian Government commencing on 1st of July 2016 include two new occupations added to the list of:
- Orthotist or Prosthetist (ANZSCO 251912)
- Audiologist (ANZSCO 252711).
The review of the demand for some occupations also saw the removal of nine occupations from the Skilled Occupations List:
- Mining Engineer (Excluding Petroleum) (ANZSCO 233611)
- Petroleum Engineer (ANZSCO 233612)
- Metallurgist (ANZSCO 234912)
- Environmental Health Officer (ANZSCO 251311)
- Occupational Health and Safety Adviser (ANZSCO 251312)
- Dental Hygienist (ANZSCO 411211)
- Dental Prosthetist (ANZSCO 411212)
- Dental Technician (ANZSCO 411213)
- Dental Therapist (ANZSCO 411214)
If your occupation has been removed from the SOL or you are unsure if your profession is classed under the Skilled Occupations List to apply for a Skilled Workers Visa, please contact one of our registered migration agents who can assist you with your application.