Latest Policies and News
Grandfathering provisions 457 to ENS/RSMS Announced
Posted on December 5th, 2017
DIBP Fact Sheet Two: Reforms to Australia’s permanent skilled migration program
This update provides advice on the grandfathering provisions for holders of Subclass 457 visas up until 18 April 2017.
These visa holders can access certain existing provisions under the Temporary Residence Transition (TRT) stream:
Occupation requirements remain the same
- There are no restrictions if the nominee continues to work in the same position, for the same employer approved in their subclass 457 visa.
The age requirement remains the same
- Less than 50 years of age.
Work experience requirement remains the same
- Two out of three years on a subclass 457 visa, preceding nomination, which remains at two years.
Other provisions have been clarified:
- A requirement to have at least three years work experience relevant to the particular occupation.
- A Skilling Australians Fund contribution comes into effect from March 2018 (subject to being passed by parliament).
- This will be paid in full at the time of nomination.
- Set at $3,000 for businesses with turnovers of below $10 million dollars, and $5,000 for other businesses.
Please follow and like us: