Can I get sponsored to live and work in Australia? - Mygration
My Australia

Latest Policies and News

Can I get sponsored to live and work in Australia?

Share this Article

This is one of the most common questions asked from Visa applicants who have business interests or family already living in Australia.

The process of getting sponsorship to live and work in Australia depends on your personal situation. There are several avenues available to those looking for sponsorship.

Though an employer

If you are wanting to receive a sponsorship nomination though an employer, there are a couple of options available. You can find an employer in the relevant industry yourself or you may be approached by your existing employer. Alternatively the Department of Immigration has provided a service SkillSelect where you can lodge an expression of interest which is then made available to Australian employers and allowing them to contact you if they have an available position.

Through a relative

You can apply for a Skilled – Regional (Provisional) Visa (subclass 489) and by entitled to sponsorship by a relative who lives in one of the designated areas which include:

* Australian Capital Territory

* New South Wales (except for Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong)

* Northern Territory

* Queensland (except for Brisbane metropolitan area)

* South Australia

* Tasmania

* Victoria

* Western Australia

Through investment

There are several options available for sponsorship for applicants with investment interests in Australia. One of them being the State/Territory Sponsored Investor (Provisional) (subclass 165) which allows investors who have had a designated investment within Australia for over four years of at least AUD750,000. This Visa allows the holder to travel in and out of Australia for five years. Another option is the Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188) for those who are interested in managing or owning an Australian business.

If you are wanting any more information on the available sponsorship visa options or details on how you can qualify, please contact one of our registered migration agents in our Brisbane head office.

Comments are closed.

Points Calculator Take Visa Assessment Contact Us